MEET THE LEAD
Jim Beam and Empire Hotel presents:
MIDNIGHT RUMBLE SERIES 2 – MEET THE LEAD
- First round Thursday 31st October, 2019 with first band on from 9pm
- Two competing front person each week plus two resident bands. FOUR live performances playing every week!
- Free entry
- Student friendly
Are you a charismatic and talented front person who is keen to get on stage and show what you got?! Whether you’re a budding lead of a band, duo, trio, solo or vocalist over track – and rock-inspired of course! Are you keen to get your time on stage and a chance to win some massive prizes? Then get amongst season 2 of MIDNIGHT RUMBLE – MEET THE LEAD at Empire Hotel.
There will be $1000 cash to the winner and $500 cash to the runner-up thanks to Jim Beam.
Starting Thursday the 31st October with six weekly rounds culminating in the Grand Final on 12th December, 2019. Two competitors will be selected to play each week and the four finalists will be notified the week before the Grand Final.
- Six weekly rounds commencing Thursday 31st October with Grand Final on Thursday 12th December
- Huge prizes: $1000 cash to the winner and $500 cash to the runner-up
- Two competitors selected to play each week with the top four selected to participate in the Grand Final (selected and notified week prior to Grand Final)
- Voting will be 60% judge and 40% audience
If you think you have got what it takes, check out the full entry and judging criteria below and fill out the registration form.
- Unsigned and unrepresented artist
- Attending uni, college or 18-30 yr old
- Genres: front person of a rock inspired band
- Ability to self-promote, bring a crowd and be available any Thursday night between 31st October and 12th December 2019
SCORED OUT OF 30 POINTS
Prepared 30% – 10 points
- Instruments in tune and is the artist prepared to start on time?
- Did the artist promote their show well?
- Did the artist stick around for the other competing artist?
Style 35% – 10 points
- Showmanship (did the artist enjoy themselves, did they interact with the crowd (jokes, banter?)
- Presence (Is there a feeling that resonates from this front person, do they have a “presence” on the stage)
- Theme (Is there an underlying theme to the set?)
- Attitude (Is their attitude befitting of their performance?)
- Confidence (Confidence in musicianship, did they perform as is intended?)
Originality 35% – 10 points
- Material – (How well do the songs fit the set, do the songs fit in the intended performance?)
- Lyrical integrity (Are the songs well-written and lyrical content relevant?)
- Songwriting (Interesting chord progression, melody and harmonies?)
- Delivery (Interesting delivery of the performance as a whole?)
- Difference (Is the artist portraying themselves as something original or have you seen this before?)
HOTEL OPENING HOURS
7 days, 11.00am – late
7 days, 11.30am – late
Phone: (07) 3852 5000
THE EMPIRE HOTEL
339 Brunswick Street (Corner of Brunswick & Ann Streets)
Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, Queensland 4006